Thursday, July 24, 2014

"Nursing" Our Spiritual Communication

Hi family!
It is going to be a busy and exhausting and happy transfer! We have been talking to everyone! With that comes a lot of rejection and also a lot of miracles! Missionary work is just the best thing ever. I highly recommend it.
So it started  with a long transfer meeting. We had around 30 missionaries come in! The sad part was, of course, the departing missionaries. Most of them were the hermanas who came out with me. If feels like only a transfer ago when we were the group of 30 missionaries who came in exhausted and tired. Welcome to missionary life!
I feel so blessed to be able to stay in the Stones River area! I absolutely love the members here (probably more than they love me haha). Sister West is awesome. She lives up to every expectation I have of her and more. As soon as she knows enough people I just might sit back and relax....just kidding! Sprint to the end!
I think one of my favorite moments this week was teaching a lady in her 20's. She had this two year old daughter running around and out of the blue she just starts nursing the toddler with no blanket or anything! I'm sure all of my sisters are just relishing in how uncomfortable I was.The best part of it was that despite all of that, the Spirit was super strong in her home and we set a baptismal date with her. Spiritual and awkward all at the same time.
Other awesome moments included impromptu church tours, revelatory personal studies that led to incredible lessons, and finding lost sheep (figuratively, not literally). Love the mission!
I had fun studying Chapter 7 in PMG. Most appreciated is how it forces you to apply it because a large percentage of God's children are not learning a language to teach the gospel. I have been debating what language to study in college and I love the message that was highlighted for me as I studied this chapter: the most important language is the language of the Spirit. How imperative is it that we communicate with the Spirit? Personal revelation is required for our salvation!! Neat stuff.
"Using Time Wisely" is up next! WILL YOU use your time wisely by improving your language studies with the Spirit? Best language to learn right there.
I pray for you as you pray for me! Love you!
Love Sister Neener (:

No comments:

Post a Comment