Monday, June 23, 2014

The Sweaty, Manly Servant of the Lord

Dearest family and friends, it is so HOT and HUMID. I am drinking water by the bathtubs over here. And I am sticky all the time.We can't even hug other sisters anymore because frizzy hair just gets stuck sweaty skin. Despite all the hot, I still receive a cold this last week. They recorded our testimonies at a meeting and so I had a deep, snuffly voice. Most sister missionaries usually change into a loving, more kind daughter of God. People will think that I turned into a man...
We had another wonderful zone conference this week! I'm hitting some of my "last's" on the mission and this was another one of those "last's." (That is why I was bearing my testimony). It was surreal to be on the stand and not the one sitting in the pews.
On a happier note we have been hunting out some of those members and have had some success in reaching out to them. We also had two exchanges where I got to experience the great land of Shelbyville (you should Google it) and I taught at a hair salon while Sister Johnson was getting her hair done. Add that to my list of "Unique Places to Share the Gospel."

It was one of those weeks where I just truly felt like a servant and instrument for the Lord. Whether I was strengthening other missionaries, members, or nonmembers, I felt the Lord guiding me. There is no better feeling than just spending the day building the Kingdom of God. I am relishing in everyday where I get to do this because I recognize that this will be the only time in my life where I get to explain my name tag and how we are all children of God, or I knock on doors and invite others to strengthen their relationship with Jesus Christ- ALL DAY LONG. I love missionary work and I have a vision of it enveloping all of the lives of those who are truly converted.
As I have read the Book of Mormon everyday and how to use it in Preach My Gospel, I have come to see its significance in my testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ. One of the ways I have come closer to Him through the BOM trying to find Him in every chapter and verse. As I have applied Jesus Christ into the stories of the Book of Mormon, I have been able to link to Him in my own personal stories.
WILL YOU take time to link Jesus Christ into your own stories? Every link will strengthen your stand on His rock.
I sure love you! Pray that I don't get dehydrated!
Love Sister Neener (:

No comments:

Post a Comment