Monday, January 6, 2014

Welcome to New

Happy New Year!!! I am excited for 2014 and all the adventures and challenges that will accompany it! I have no idea what is going to happen other than 2/3ish of it will be on my mission and 1/3ish will be at college. It's just the everything in between that will be a surprise.
 
A lot of scholars have been pondering this question for centuries: What does a missionary do to ring in the New Year?
 
Through much study and experience, I have come to this conclusion:
 
1. We start by serving at a community kid's dance on New Year's Eve. As desperate as we are to show off our moves on the dance floor, we have to restrain and question the sanity of the song "What does the fox say?" I mean, really?
 
2. We spend the rest of the Eve doing our regular disturbances and then rush home at 6:00pm. For the missionary's safety, they deemed it a worthy time to come in. The only problem, we are left without a dinner. So we text around 7 members with a plea for help and ALL of them respond within a few minutes. The members are wonderful.
 
3. After a specially delivered DQ meal, we set goals, watch "The Testaments," and take a bubble bath. Bedtime is the usual 10:30 pm.
 
4. In the morning, we sleep in. It was the most beautiful half hour of my life until the Elders called and told us to get moving for our ALL day P-day aka party.
 
5. We drove to Clarksville, TN for mall time, Olive Garden, Target, etc. Do you know how long it has been since I've been to a mall and Olive Garden? And don't even get me started about Target. I was in heaven.
 
6. Went to the stake center as a zone to eat pizza and watch a movie. Do you know how long it has been since I've seen a non-church movie?? Long enough that I started to reference everything in there to the gospel. Just think about it- all the different monsters in "Monster's University" relate to all the different missionaries out in the field!
 
7. Sleep over at the  Russellville sister's place to end the night.
 
So there you have it.
 
We had a lot of meetings all over the place and activities, which sadly take us out the area a lot. However, that helps us to focus on just the progressing investigators. I find that refreshing for an area once in a while. We had some awesome lessons with a few investigators! The best part, it was ALL the Lord and I was just His instrument. Best feeling in the world.
 
Sadly, our investigators Snow and Ice came back. It is suppose to drop into the single digits, which hasn't happened in 2 decades. We better head to Walmart quick before everyone else cleans off the shelves.
 
One more cool story: So way way back in my 1st transfer, Sister Tenny and I tracted into a girl named Jessica. She had a really rough life and was loving what the Spirit was teaching her. We even got her to come to church one Sunday and she loved it! Shortly after, she had to moved unexpectedly leaving behind no address or number. We couldn't do anything about it. That is, until I became a FB missionary! I finally found her there and, of course, was then promptly shipped off to Hartford. So I told the sister missionary there all about her. I didn't really hear much about her until a couple of days ago when I found out she is being baptized this Saturday!! This happened in this timing because of FB! I love this!  I love the gospel! I love this work! I love being a FB missionary! And I love you!
 
Anywho, here are my 2014 goals. I was focusing more on what I could do now to prepare for the rest of my life and my homecoming:
 
1. Mind- 4.0 GPA my first semester back
2. Body- Follow health plan to develop more self-mastery and to be healthy in ALL areas
3. Soul- Return to the temple every week after I return with honor
 
Knowing me, I will have lots of other goals scattered in between and all around, but these are my main goals, which you can now hold me accountable for!
 
Now for your accountability of being awesome member missionaries- WILL YOU share a Mormon Message video with someone today?
 
Love you!
Love Sister Neener (:

No comments:

Post a Comment