Monday, September 9, 2013

Tree, Tea, and Peace

Greetings one and all!

I just feel incredibly blessed. The gospel is where it is at, but trying to help others see that is a little bit trickier. You will see why.

But one of the biggest blessings of the week (of my mission) was being able to go to the temple this week. I love that place. If I could spend a good portion of my day there, every day for the rest of my life, I would be one happy girl. Seriously, you gain peace and strength there that could not be replicated anywhere else. I LOVE THE TEMPLE!

I had a reminder that I am serving in the South. We were in a trailer house visiting with some less active members when we heard this loud boom and the trailer shook. We slipped into sleuthing mode and went outside where some of the neighbors had gathered as well. We discovered that a tree fell on top on their house.....what?! When does this kind of thing happen? I love the South.

Just because I'm serving in the South, does not mean Heavenly Father doesn't place English people in my path. We recently had a young couple move into the ward and he's from England. Automatically makes them awesome. And then there was the English lady I told you about a couple of weeks ago. She knows the Book of Mormon is true, the Church is true, Joseph Smith was called as a prophet.....and yet she cannot give up her tea. Typical English. Maybe it's a good thing I wasn't called to England because despite the picture of the temple she has on the mantle, tea is keeping her from the most glorious thing on earth, living the gospel! 

Change of subject before any of my other hairs go gray. Thanks for those who have added me on FB and commented, liked, or shared my posts. Please continue to do so and suggest any friends for me to add so that they can have some uplift to their day! I've been able to teach a couple of lessons on FB which is a really different experience. Our approach to missionary work is evolving to reach everyone. It is incredible. WILL YOU take a part of spreading the gospel by commenting or sharing one of my posts? Gracias.

I love you.
I love my Savior and Heavenly Father.
I love being their servant.


Love, Sister Neener (:

No comments:

Post a Comment