Monday, September 16, 2013

CTR

It is just another week down here in the South! It is actually getting cooler, which is much cause for celebration. I never thought I would ever say this, but I've missed the wind. We had some wind the other day and I was in bliss. Other blissful moments including snapping beans (just like in the good ole days) and buying a $.25 dictionary (once a nerd, always a nerd).
One of our recent converts and recently returning members will be going to the temple this week to do baptisms for the dead. They were excitingly showing off their recommends. We were visiting another recent convert who had lost her temporary recommend and was distraught. When we found it in a pile of papers, she was exceedingly relieved. Those two instances were very humbling for me to watch. I don't ever remember having that level of emotion for one when I was a youth. 

My perspective on that has changed now. The symbolism of it is truly incredible. It means that the gospel has been restored once again on this earth. It means that I am worthy to go into the Lord's house. It means that they are busy doing missionary work on the other side of the veil and our help is needed. The signature of the Bishop means that I come from a home where my dad is a worthy priesthood holder. It means that I can find peace in this world.Many other reasons will come as I go about this mortal journey. For now, I will always have a CTR (current temple recommend). WILL YOU also have or work your way to a CTR?

Not much else happened this week other than the whirlwind we call missionary work. I guess it is the calm before the storm because this week I will be working a county fair, going to the temple, and finding out about transfers. 

I love you to the moon (pie) and back!


Love Sister Neener (:

No comments:

Post a Comment