Monday, July 8, 2013

Wet Stars and Stripes

I cannot remember a single instance in which I experienced a wet 4th of July. That changed quickly. It has been a wet week in Tennessee. The rain here doesn't mess around and for now I am just grateful that I have a full time car.
Holidays for missionaries are kind of weird. We visited with a lot of ward members and less actives that day and finished the evening off by watching "17 Miralces." They had us come in a little bit earlier so we would avoid all the crazies. Too bad missionaries seem to attract all the crazies. However, we did have a 15-yr-old girl whom we've been working with for the past couple of months commit to baptism! She went to youth conference, felt the Spirit strongly, bore her testimony(!?!?!), and came home wanting to serve a mission. She is pretty much awesome and her baptism will be on Friday. 

We started a FHE group in Tullahoma every Tuesday night. Our goal is for investigators, less actives, and members to all come together for some good old fellow shipping in an environment that is not so intimidating as church. Check, check, and check to our first FHE. If you have any good group activities, let me know. Most of the get-to-know-you games that I have in my brain's filing cabinet involve too much physical activity for some of our 65+-yr-olds.

I think it is high time for another random list:

1. Sister Allred (my comp) knows karate and is a gamer.

2. I get to meet my new mission president this week!

3. A member with my name (spelled Janine) died this last week and so yesterday's fast and testimony's topic was about her. It was weird to hear my name in past tense.
4. I had couscous for the first time in a few months. I forgot how much I missed that. Other food thoughts: I tried chocolate cheesecake for the first time and almost every morning I have oatmeal mixed with peanut butter, jam, and greek yogurt. The mission does weird things to you!

5. Our ward is scheduled to have 4 baptism weekends in a row.

6. I might be becoming a Facebook missionary soon so if you see me on there, you know why. 

Life is good. The mission is good. Mail is good. (Hint, hint).

We read the scriptures in the BOM that talk about America this last week. WILL YOU read one of my favorites, 2 Nephi 1:3-7? This is the promise land and a land with a promise. The promise is that the land is our's as long as we keep the commandments. 

Love you always,


Sister Neener (:

No comments:

Post a Comment