Monday, July 1, 2013

Marathon-Missionary Style

Greetings dear ones!

Sister Johnson and Sister Allred are pleased to announce the marriage, baptism, and confirmation of Joe and Alyssa Helmuth all within 5 days. Crazy? Yes. Stressful? Yes. Sleep? Deprived. Worth it? YES! Tuesday we went in to get the marriage license. The plan was to have a small ceremony at the church, but due to Joe's dad's health, we switched the location to the nursing home. From the time we notified them to the time the ceremony started, it was about an hour. The baptism was suppose to be on Friday, but there was a family emergency so postponed a day. Finally on Saturday they had two perfect baptisms. Sunday brought the confirmations and now we have the newest members of the Tullahoma ward. 

I'm staying in Tullahoma with Sister Allred for at least another six weeks which means that I will have spent at least 1/3 of my mission in this unique town. Good thing I absolutely love it with all my heart. This last transfer proved to be one of endurance and this next one will challenge me as well. I guess it is only fitting for a distance runner, right?

We said our goodbyes to the McKee's at zone conference in Murfreesboro this week. It's hard to see them go, but I'm excited to meet the Andersen's. After all, it is the best mission in the world so we only deserve the best mission presidents and wives. 

Other than those events is has been a lot of service this week sandwiched between appointments. We helped out with an activity in the infamous Winchester, TN. Not only did the smother us with treats, but I also got to spend some time with my grandma (my trainer's trainer). She is just one fantastic missionary, let me tell you. With around 20 missionaries and members present for the activity, we received 60 referrals total from just one hour. Awesome, awesome program! Now if only we could get the members to do it down here.

One thing I love about the Restoration of the gospel is that it shows that questions are still answered today. There is nothing quite like the experience of taking a question to the Lord and then receiving the answer. We were talking to a member today and she was saying how she gets bored with the lessons. You will never be bored at church if you are asking questions and seeking, searching, pondering. WILL YOU take a question to the Lord?

Muchas gracias mis amigos y familia!


Love Sister Neener (:

No comments:

Post a Comment