Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Stirrin' Things Up

Hello one and all!

Big apology to everyone who has been anxiously awaiting my email (ok so probably just my mom and dad), but we had an emergency missionary conference called yesterday and they moved our P-day to today. The reason for the conference was the announcement that President and Sister McKee are being released early from their mission due to Sister McKee's health issues. It was quite the draining meeting and emotional for everyone. We have one last transfer with them and then we will be welcoming in President and Sister Andersen from Ogden, UT. Goodness, I am going to miss the McKee family and I feel so blessed that I was able to know them even if it was just for a little bit. One thing that was mentioned quite a bit was how the Lord is in the details of our lives. The McKee's were certainly in mine, but I know that this is all part of the Lord's plans.

We set another baptismal date this week! It is with a 15 yr old named Kayla. Her grandma is a less active member and is currently raising her. Kayla is so strong and has such a light around her! I have such a strong testimony that youth truly do stand in holy places. They are such a blessing to the Lord's kingdom.

Other noteworthy items: 
1. They have a potluck after every ward conference here and let me tell you, these Tennesseans know how to do a mean potluck. 
2. President Crawford is the craziest, boldest, most missionary-minded stake president out there. Think southern preacher meet Mormon and there you have him. And he also has connections with President McKee. He only lets the best missionaries serve in his stake so as long as I'm serving here, I know I'm doing good (: 
3. I saw a lightning bug for the first time EVER yesterday. Check that off the bucket list. 
4. We went to Old Stone Fort last p-day (I can't remember if I had mentioned that). Anyways, it is rumored to be one of Moroni's forts back in the day. Sister Pearson and I were envisioning Alma 50 while roaming this ancient ruin.
5. My bestest friend in this whole wide world will be serving a mission in Tawain and is going through the temple soon! (Sorry just had to brag about you a little bit Lainey!) Read Alma 17:2 and that's kind of how I feel.

Sometimes I question "why." Why was I sent to this mission? This area? Why do I have the experiences I have? Why am I teaching these amazing people when there are so many seasoned missionaries who know so much more? And then I has to reprimand myself and halt all the "why" questions. Have faith in the Lord and trust where He leads you. 

I love this area and I love the people even more. The members, the investigators. The people who receive the gospel so openly and those who close the door on us. I just love being a missionary.

WILL YOU allow yourself to be in the Lord's details and prayerfully contact someone you haven't in a while? Whether it be via internet, mail, phone, person, anything- just leave that person better than you found them. Doctrine and Covenants 18:10.

I love you!


Love Sister Neener (:

No comments:

Post a Comment