Monday, March 18, 2013

Tennessee: Sounds Good to Me


So the title of my email subject is what is written on our license plate. I have had plenty of time to learn that as I awkwardly back out my companion from parking spots. I know mission rules are blessings, but sometimes all I can do is awkwardly smile and wave as people as they wonder why some girl in a skirt is standing behind a car waving. Too bad I didn't work on the farm more so I could have learned Dad's effective hand signals.
 
So another week has gone by! This week was incredible because I was able to attend my first baptism as a missionary and I was able to go through a session at the temple. The baptism was for a man named Malcolm Engineer. He is an Egyptian originally from India and his wife is from the Phillipines. How he ended up in Winchester, TN I'll never know. His wife joined the church 13 years ago and has been waiting for him to follow. 13 years!!! Talk about having faith and patience.
 
The temple was wonderful as always. The Nashville temple is incredibly small and was built in 2000 so it reminds me a lot of the more recent temples. President and Sister McKee both attended. What an amazing woman! As I was going through I couldn't help but think, "This is home." Is the temple a home for you? My challenge this week is to go to the temple or do something that will bring you closer to it.
 
Yesterday was good ole St. Patty's Day. Good thing they kept me busy or else my mind and heart would be in my beloved Ireland. We did have dinner at a member's home where they made corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and soda bread. Yes, a full-fledged Irish meal which was absolutely delicious.
 
We are still preparing that wondeful family for baptisms. Other than that we've been trying to reach out to those less actives and just tracting away. We do have one investigator who has some pretty big wounds. It is hard not to dump all of my gospel knowledge and blessings associated with it onto her, but we still have some things to work out.
 
I still have feelings of inadequacy and the vision I have for myself as a missionary is distant, but I know that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Little by little when can achieve those visions we have. Do not ever put a limit on the Lord and what He can do with you.
 
Lots of love,
 
Sister Neener (:

No comments:

Post a Comment