Monday, August 25, 2014

The Last One

This week has been full of lasts!! I honestly cannot describe everything that is going on inside of me. A lot of emotion, but I am so so so excited to see everyone!! Truly, truly!

Here are some of the lasts:

Last "regular" interview with President Andersen- They were behind schedule so it was a quickie. And I guess I will be interviewing tomorrow anyways.

Last baptism interview- Angel passed!!

Last district meeting- I just love my district. It was such a great meeting and how strange it is that groups of 18-22 year olds gather and talk about how to help people come closer to Christ.
Last lesson with Angel- Everything is just super clear to her. Her lessons are always so easy because she just accepts it.

Last baptism- Angel Ersoy was baptized on August 22, 2014. Such a tender mercy for me that day! It was incredible, all I studied that morning was the atonement and I truly felt carried on that day. Everything went smoothly for the baptism. We were going to do a musical number with all the missionaries in our district, but none of them were there when it started. Thankfully our talented Elders appeared a few minutes before we sang and it was so beautiful that Angel said we reminded her of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. She truly is one of Heavenly Father's elite daughters! 

Last lesson with a lot of people- Love the people here in Murfreesboro. They have touched my life more than they realize.

Last sacrament meeting- Angel was confirmed!!! Also they sang, "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go" which was just a tad bit depressing! haha Love the Stones River Ward. I consider myself very blessed for being able to serve here.


Tomorrow will be full of emotions: transfer meeting, temple trip, farewell testimony meeting, interviews. And then I'll be seeing y'all in the SLC airport! Excited to see all of your smiling faces!

WILL YOU pray that I won't get sick on the flight home?

Right now I'm just kind of in a daze. Thankfully Sister West helps me to keep going. My heart is filled with gratitude and joy for all of the people I have been able to meet, the lessons that I have learned, and my own change of heart. I love being a missionary.

I testify that it is through the Atonement that I have been able to serve a mission. Faith brings miracles and obedience leads to blessings. Our weaknesses are merely ways to improve ourselves. The priesthood power and the power of prayer are two very real things. Families can be together forever and we are all part of Heavenly Father's family. Through my inviting others to come closer to Christ, I have come closer to Him. I love my Savior and I know that He lives.

How great is my calling!


Love Sister Neener (:

No comments:

Post a Comment