Tuesday, May 6, 2014

So, So Tired!

This week has been full of miracles, surprises, adventures, and blessings.

Miracles- We have a part-member family getting baptized! They are already picking out a date for the temple!! We had a number of investigators and returning members attend church yesterday! (Talk about being spread thin). Another investigator went from smoking 2 packs a day to only a couple of cigarettes per day!

Surprises- Mainly just people surprise me. There was an investigator who didn't recognize us the first time, but the second she greeted us by saying "Hi! I'm a jack mormon." Incredible members just stepping up and out of nowhere. And I've always been a supporter of Dad's famous saying, "There's a Jack for every Jill." Some of these Jacks, and some of these Jills, I just don't know how it happened, but there it is. 

Adventures- Driving in crazy, crazy rain where visibility was not the greatest. Finding former investigators and returning members. Trying to find rides. Trying to organize exchanges. 

Blessings- Attending the temple! Sister Pitcher had a convert from her first area go through the temple and we were able to be there with her! The temple is seriously my favorite place to be. And to see those who have gone through the gate, continue on the path is such a blessing as well. The second major blessing was the baptism of Jackson Helle. He is an 8-yr-old whose mom has had him take the lessons before he was baptized. Sweetest kid ever! The best part was that his dad (who joined the church in September after 8 years of prayers) was able to baptize and confirm him. I love seeing families working together to get to the Celestial kingdom! And every moment as a missionary is a blessing.

I'm getting to know more and more of the ward members. I finally met "Mama Mary" who is the mother of Kelly Meredith in Malta. She is wonderful! I love having these little connections in the church.

And I am completely drained and tired. This is such a good thing as a missionary. There has been an unspoken conversation between Sister Pitcher and I just to work, work, work this transfer and it is happening. I love being worn out in the service of the Lord.

How is everyone doing on their PMG study? Is anyone doing it?? (I know you are Jen!!) Please tell me about it!!! Maybe this will help:

"To help you in this process, I invite all members, regardless of your current calling or level of activity in the Church, to obtain a copy of Preach My Gospel. It is available through our distribution centers and also online. The online version can be read or downloaded at no cost. It is a guidebook for missionary work—which means it is a guidebook for all of us. Read it, study it, and then apply what you learn to help you understand how to bring souls to Christ through invitation and follow-up. As President Thomas S. Monson has said, “Now is the time for members and missionaries to come together, to work together, to labor in the Lord’s vineyard to bring souls unto Him.”5"

-M.Russell Ballard


This week's PMG study was on the first lesson that we teach others- The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have taught this lesson who knows how many times, but when I have that "real intent, sincere desire, and faith in Jesus Christ," the Spirit witnesses to me that this message is true. What a blessing it is to have it. 

One of my favorite addresses from conference was Pres Utchdorf's "Are You Sleeping Through the Restoration." I want to be able to be an active part of the Restoration. What can you do to have that active role? WILL YOU write an answer to that question down and then do it? I hope someone else follows up with me on that question as well. (:

Love you! The Church is true! The book is blue!

Love,

Sister Neener (:

No comments:

Post a Comment