Thursday, November 21, 2013

Could It Be? ... Halfway!

My week could be described by this song:
 
"O-oh we're halfway there,
O-oh living on a prayer."
 
That may or may not be what they said, but that it what my mission fog allowed me to remember. Either way, this is a very true statement because I:
a) Hit my 9 month mark. Depending on transfers, I'm pretty much halfway through my mission.....I don't like this. I don't like this at all. It just feels weird.
b) Celebrated my half birthday. I'm 21.5 and yes, Jennifer, I am one of the "aged" missionaries. Hopefully my brother will have my LDS singles account all lined up for me.
c) I'm seriously living on a prayer. You know how they told us in YW's that the more prayers we said, the cuter our husbands will be? Well my hubby is going to be dashing because I pray ALL THE TIME.
 
We celebrated my half marks with doughnuts from Poppa's Dinky Doughnuts.
 
What is even more exciting is that we had a zone conference with Elder Pino (of the Seventy) and his wife Sister Pino. They have a strong spirit and greatly blessed our mission while being here. They are still learning English so they had a translator for the most part, but the Spirit is able to overcome the language barrier. The focus of the conference was missionaries and members need to work together. It's like they're trying to tell us something.
 
However, it's true. Missionary work is so much better with the member's involvement. Yes, it takes more effort (not just on the member part, but for missionaries as well), but that effort is worth it because "the worth of souls is great in the sight of God." Have you tested that scripture out? Have you had that experience of helping one soul come closer to Christ? It is the BEST thing you could do in this world. It is a divine act and an act that will bless us far more than we will ever understand.
 
I feel like missionary work is similar to family history. We know we should do it and we want to do it, but we just don't know how. That's where we come in. And my computer is only giving me 2 more minutes, so ask the missionaries who are serving in your area what you can do.
 
Anyways, I love you and Heavenly Father loves you. You learn to love complete strangers out here on the mission.
 
Have a good week and remember your little missionary in your prayers!
 
Love Sister Neener (:

No comments:

Post a Comment